Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 02 3G Pay And Go Sim
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 02 3G Pay And Go Sim Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

darrengf Posts: > 500

I can Confirm that There are different type of sim cards.

You have a USIM and a SIM. The USIM is for the UTMS (3G) Network and the SIM is for the 2G Network.

However Virgin have been seeling USIM Card for the last 4 or more years but have never told any body of this, This will then enable them just to switch the 3g function on to which i can confrim they have and done.

The other networks have only issued 2g sims out to all there customers and if you wish to migrate you do have to purchased a 3g sim card.

Orange have very good 3g coverage, I have been able to use it in the country sides, towns and a few other places. I dont use Voda, but when i have a quick look again it seems to be 80% there showing on the phone. I can confrim the o2's coverage is very poor at the moment. However his should get better by the end of september. T-Mobiles 3g coverage seems to fair well too again about 80% of the time it shows on my phone. Threes coverage is widespread, but patchy. I have never use the Three network but i know a couple of my mates do and they seem to be ok. However it still doesnt transfer calls over when swapping from 3g to 2g (o2) but dont get as many problems when try to make calls, No longer get the unable to connect tone or network busy error showing on the display much.

Hope this helps.

Any other questions please ask
--
Posted: 2006-09-01 00:01:55
Edit : Quote

aminator Posts: 138

with o2 its a bit of a grey area as only now their are 3g PAYG handsets coming out, you cant pick the 3g sims up at the shops atm so only customer support will be able to sort you out, if they tell you its not possible tell them to naff off and ask to speak to al ine manager, they do exist on payg, they are done so its unfortunatley a case of getting through to someone who knows what they are on about

[ This Message was edited by: aminator on 2006-09-01 10:34 ]
--
Posted: 2006-09-01 11:23:33

Sexygenius Posts: 45

Cheers peeps I'll try again later.

What is the differences though. as at the moment i can surf the net and send mms with my current sim with my m600.

what benefits will i have of having a 3g sim?
--
Posted: 2006-09-01 16:27:25

Spawn Posts: 338

Quote:
On 2006-09-01 16:27:25, Sexygenius wrote:
Cheers peeps I'll try again later.

What is the differences though. as at the moment i can surf the net and send mms with my current sim with my m600.

what benefits will i have of having a 3g sim?

Faster download and browsing speeds for a start, also support for video calling. But main advantage is the faster speeds while browsing and downloading pages.
--
Posted: 2006-09-01 17:34:15

Tigerblade Posts: 68

Just ordered 2 for replacements so it does work. Glad I found this thread as I was serioulsy considering a switch to Voda for video calling.

Does anyone know wether the free 300txts are carried to the 3g sim?
--
Posted: 2006-09-12 15:10:58

DKCoo Posts: 21

ye all carried ovr!
--
Posted: 2006-09-12 16:02:58

Rookwise Posts: > 500

Came this morning

--
Posted: 2006-09-13 14:31:37

sielski666 Posts: 247

hey guys

- i had the same problem, i bought my k800i and i know it is a 3g phone hence the video calling on it. i tryed it wen i got home and couldnt get it to work. after about a day of pondering i rand up o2 customer careline (as im on o2 uk) and asked them how to work it.

- i explaned that when i bought the phone they gave me a sim card with it and i had to top it up with ten pounds as well, the women on the other end of the phone was so help ful, she did a check on wat sim card i had.

- she told me that it wasnt the right sim card and asked me if i wanted them to send me a p&g 3g sim out to me and they did free of charge.

so to the conclution, y the looks of things the comunication from the head office of o2 and the lil shops is crap. if u ring up yr local o2 shop they should tell u that u can get one free of charge from customer care.
--
Posted: 2006-09-13 15:06:19

smilerthe cheshirecat Posts: > 500

Do not need to talk to local o2 shop....
I have rang o2 customer services.... on 08705678678 chose option 4 which takes you to the Retention team...
Explained to them I want a 3G sim to transfer my old sim number to it...they are sending one out... will take 3 to 5 working days... then I have to ring them back on receipt of the new 3G so they can transfer my old number to it..

No problems with them... and straight forward...

Hope this helps...
--
Posted: 2006-09-14 17:13:17

Rookwise Posts: > 500

I just phoned o2 select customer care up and told them i'd bought a k800 on pay and go but wanted to use it with my pay monthly sim. They wouldn't update the 3g P&G sim i currently have but are sending out a pay monthly 3g sim to replace my 2g one at no charge :-)

This message was posted from a K800i
--
Posted: 2006-09-15 01:33:24
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home