Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : It's official O2 are crap
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > It's official O2 are crap Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

golmauk Posts: 3

It seems like with long texts, O2 wants to blame everyone else except themselves! That's how it's "my" fault.

The cr*p that they wrote to you is ridiculous. You'd think they'd at least try putting their heads together and come up with a consistent story.

As with Microsoft, "it's not a bug, it's a feature". lol.

Here's hoping O2 finally sort this out and offer O2 PATG 3G customers what they're paying for - a 100% working service.
--
Posted: 2007-01-19 11:58:10
Edit : Quote

Toney_Ericsson Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2007-01-19 11:58:10, golmauk wrote:
Here's hoping O2 finally sort this out and offer O2 PATG 3G customers what they're paying for - a 100% working service.

I have made a formal complaint to their O2 review service, I will post on here anything I get back about it so other O2 Pay and Go customers are fully aware of what O2 are or are not doing about it.
--
Posted: 2007-01-19 13:48:54

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Yeah O2 treats is that, ive got enuff texts tho so I use the 23mins
worth of free calls

02 are really bending outta there way with me latley i got a courtesy call of them the other day asking if I was happy with my phone and tariff

what on earths going on

Btw my bruv in laws just cancelled hos contract today it's ment to end,
I was wondering does anyone know if you can take the number onto the online prepay instead of the shop 1?

his contract was with the 02 shop not online.
--
Posted: 2007-01-20 01:15:44

Quote:
On 2007-01-20 01:15:44, miss uk wrote:
Yeah O2 treats is that, ive got enuff texts tho so I use the 23mins
worth of free calls

02 are really bending outta there way with me latley i got a courtesy call of them the other day asking if I was happy with my phone and tariff

what on earths going on

Btw my bruv in laws just cancelled hos contract today it's ment to end,
I was wondering does anyone know if you can take the number onto the online prepay instead of the shop 1?

his contract was with the 02 shop not online.

Should'nt be a problem with any network.

I was looking further into this so called O2 Long Weekends on contract where they say you get free calls on the weekend on £35+ a month tariffs. It's capped at 2000 mins a month if you read the small print.

Not interested personally after reading that.
--
Posted: 2007-01-20 02:32:27

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Yeah I mention that to him then ..that contract is ok but maybe its Betta to keep browsing
--
Posted: 2007-01-22 02:55:13

For £35+ I would expect proper unlimited calls, I only pay £15 a month on my landlines for 24/7 local and national unlimited calls.

Look at what Vodafone are doing here:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/[....]bel=template10&pageID=PPP_0037

For £5 a month you could be in a Vodafone family and have better than that o2 one. I'm trying to work out if the Vodafone one is capped in any way per month. I see it's up to 60 mins a call but can you simply ring the person back if you want to keep chatting.

I do it all the time on my home phone no worries with running up a bill with that.
--
Posted: 2007-01-22 16:21:57

To give an update on this issue about not being able to send more than a 1 page text when using O2 3G settings i.e. when you have a 3G signal icon showing I had a call from O2 complaints review service the other day.

Basically the lady said that she was intrigued by it not working and tested it herself. She said it worked for her, I asked if this handset she tested it on was set on 3G mode, she did'nt know and said she would need to test it again........o.k I thought, I've already tried this in several handsets and it does'nt work and it shows as no 3G handset is supported by O2 Pay and Go fully.

She just basically gave me some shpeel about O2 has 2 million customers and I'm the first to mention this and that O2 engineers are looking into this but there is no time scale on how long.

Like hell are they doing anything about it.....

Does anyonelse have this issue or am I the only person on esato using a 3G handset with and O2 Pay and Go 3G USIM?
--
Posted: 2007-01-28 14:01:07

Seanyb2 Posts: > 500

I agree as my younger brother is on O2 pre pay and he has same problems. I can send multiple text on T Mobile 3G which by the way is fantastic service and coverage. Though my point is why are pre pay customers treated like second class customers by all networks. Was it not for pre pay in the first place years ago the mobile market would have never took off like it did. Orange and Vodafone are the worst for cutting you off in mid conversation to make way for the more important contract customers call trying to get through. I used to with Orange years ago thinking they were the only good network now i think they are awful and its a shame. Their pre pay service charges are the most expensive out there. Anyway thats why you cant send a long text on O2 pre pay as the networks try to save capacity for contract customers as they are favoured over pre pay users.

This message was posted from a 6233
--
Posted: 2007-01-28 16:56:58

Hello Seanyb2,

What handset does you're younger brother have out of interest? It most certainly is because there is a difference in 3G platforms between O2 Contract and O2 Pay and Go. When using 3G texts I understand use the 2.5G service anyway when the handset is set on to use 3G but there appears to be something in the O2 3G Pay and Go platform which is'nt set to send the maximum number of page texts, it looks as though it's set only at 160 characters.

I agree T-mobile are good, Flext on contract is pretty good, T-Mobile (one2one) was the first network I was ever on and still they have free voice mail which is good.
--
Posted: 2007-01-28 20:43:37

A little update on this multiple text issue.

I have'nt been contacted by O2 since but now see you can send multiple texts on o2 Pay and Go when using 3G settings.

Dodgey bastards....
--
Posted: 2007-02-09 16:36:32
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home