Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Next Sony Xperia smartphone might have a 4.3 inch AMOLED display
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Next Sony Xperia smartphone might have a 4.3 inch AMOLED display Bookmark topic
Page <  123

randomuser Posts: > 500

^
I know but nobody really even remembers most of those tiny PMOLED screen devices anymore. The newest one is of course the Sony smart watch.

And lol I pointed those PMOLED disadvantages just to prove that Sony or any other manufacturer simply do not use anything else (PMOLED) for screens larger than 3 inches. Worf100 keeps insisting that the Vita uses a 100% OLED (which only could mean PMOLED as there is no other alternative) so I only wanted him to understand that AMOLED is not a "hype" or Samsung trademark and the Vita and all other large screen OLED applications from Sony including Trimaster OLED monitors use Active Matrix Controllers.

And not many would know but Sony used OLED screens in Sony Ericsson phones in Japan since a few years. Sony Ericsson S001 was the first in 2009 with OLED 3.3 inch screen.
--
Posted: 2012-04-10 08:45:16
Edit : Quote

nagirodu Posts: 18

I know that the debate between Worf1000 and other members over OLED was quite a bit of dragging.I just had a look at the Specs of Panasonic Eluga, I found it to be sporting an OLED 4.3" Inch display.

http://www.gsmarena.com/panasonic_eluga-4560.php
[ This Message was edited by: nagirodu on 2012-04-17 06:48 ]

--
Posted: 2012-04-17 07:40:45

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

^The screen is AMOLED. Manufacturers barely used that name before and opted for just OLED only. Even now, less manufacturers use the term AMOLED but went for the specific variants of it like Super AMOLED and Clear Black Display instead. The term AMOLED only became popular since Samsung announced the Super AMOLED screen. Just like LCD, all of the HD LCD HDTV that can be bought in the market right now are all AMLCD or active-matrix liquid crystal display. But you barely heard the term AMLCD because again manufacturers chose to use the specific type of AMLCD instead in naming their respective displays to differientiate their technology from the competition. Best example for that are SLCD and IPS.

Anyway if the spec sheet says OLED, then that Eluga's screen is automatically considered as an AMOLED. Remember, no display screen can function properly without an addressing scheme. Since only Active-Matrix or Passive-Matrix can be used with OLED screen and only Active-Matrix OLED screen supports high resolution and big display, therefore the Eluga screen is undoubtedly an AMOLED one.

What kind of AMOLED screen Eluga is using? That I do not know!

Just take what wort1000 is saying about 100% OLED with a pinch of salt. His claims are "unfounded" and "illogical". A display screen can never function properly without an addressing scheme, and in OLED case where Matrix addressing is the only type that can used with it; therefore OLED screen can either be a PMOLED or AMOLED. The 5 components that wort1000 is claiming that make up a "100% percent OLED screen" is actually the simplest form of OLED screen which is the PMOLED. Sonce OLED comes with many forms, which all are either PMOLED or AMOLED, the simplest model was only selected to show how OLED differs from other sdisplay screens such as LCD and Plasma. I hope that my post has helped you understand OLED more.

Please do not listen to what wort1000. What I am saying is the "fact" not some silly interpretation of an otherwise simple fact!
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-18 05:19 ]

--
Posted: 2012-04-18 03:45:09
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home