Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE and Microsoft rumor! i doubt it. but maybe
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE and Microsoft rumor! i doubt it. but maybe Bookmark topic
Page <  1234

govigov Posts: > 500

entertainment is a very important part in our daily life. and ppl dont want to feel the look of their workstation pc's in their phones. that is what you mean?
--
Posted: 2005-01-12 05:21:15
Edit : Quote

arnoldc Posts: > 500

the announcement did not imply that it will be mobile phones. "phone services" is a big arena. it can be computer telephony (CTI) where Microsoft is traditionally weak. since MS CRM was launched, there are few CTI players that support them.

it could also mean that they are strenghtening their ties as far as the Windows Phone Edition is concerned, which has been supported by Siemens on the PPC platform.
--
Posted: 2005-01-12 06:07:17

DeLa Posts: > 500

@govigov
Indeed, something like that.

I just read in the newspaper this morning that 6% of the iPod users switched from a pc to a Mac and another 7% is considering it 'possible' that they would switch. This must be horrifying for Microsoft. Apple is doing the right thing now, putting more products on the market that are less expensive.
--
Posted: 2005-01-12 13:43:44

govigov Posts: > 500

M$$ is trying to monopolise that segment too. They can with the .net platform by bringing all of the application on to a single platform. With their office range of products, and cross platform compatiblity, they can do it. If they had started earlier, they would have succeeded by now. This message was posted from a K500
--
Posted: 2005-01-12 14:22:30

Debu Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-01-24 11:43:30, milivoye wrote:
testing .....

Welcome to Esato!!

Anyway, back on topic.. I may be little late in posting this, but I've used terminal service client on my ppc's for a long time, its like running a normal pc on your handheld, I think the new VGA res ppc's go even closer to it.
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 12:44:26

masseur Posts: > 500

they certainly do, I'm using the iPAQ hx4700. I really found it strange that MS added VGA support to windows mobile but then didn't provide a way to switch the interface to use vga! didn't take long for a couple of people to come out with tools to do that though and the terminal services client certainly benefits from that
--
Posted: 2005-01-24 12:49:46
Page <  1234

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home