Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : News from CPW
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > News from CPW Bookmark topic
Page <  12345

dave_uk Posts: > 500

True, indeed, my great British friend! Sadly no other news of interest came out of that, except the releases that were announced on Monday anyway!

On the subject of CPW news (I may be hijacking this thread somewhat, but hey, I do work for them )

We are launching a new backup service, called "Memory Master Plus" (www.memorymasterplus.com), that allows you to backup contacts over GPRS, directly to a secure server, where they can be stored and retrieved to any other compatible phone (compatibility list is on the website). It uses SyncML such that the backup you make can be updated over the air, and downloaded to a new phone, crucially IN THE PHONEBOOK FORMAT OF THE NEW PHONE, thereby avoiding that horrible experience of having to sync both phones with Outlook.

There is also a WAP backup copy, in the event that you should lose your phone, you have access to this copy from any WAP-enabled handset.

At £12 for a year's subscription, it's not bad. Must admit, I haven't tried it yet as I haven't received my registration code yet (and I refuse to pay for it when I can get it for free in a couple of days!)

Anyway, any feedback, let me know.

Dave

edit: @amnesia, or masseur or any watching mods

Any chance of moving this out of rumours and into General? I don't want to double post, but I think this is something people should see (my bad for posting it in the wrong place in the first place!)

[ This Message was edited by: dave_uk on 2004-10-27 00:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: dave_uk on 2004-10-27 01:27 ]
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 01:50:58
Edit : Quote

amnesia Posts: > 500

oh you work for CPW?
Any info on when you would be getting the V800? Estimated price range?

CPW said that I would be able to get a 200-300 pound discount since my bills are high and are always paid on time.

Look forward to the V800

(i dont know what to do with all my mobiles now :'(. I cant give them away before anyone asks )
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 01:56:09

No confirmed deliveries as yet (as of last stock update yesterday) and therefore, unfortunately, no idea of price. If you're a big spender, I would think £200-£300 discount sounds about right and I would, therefore, expect the V800 to be free for you.

Looks like a beauty, though!

If you've got a phone that's really shabby, you could trade it in when you buy the V800 and either use it against the cost or spend towards accessories. But, it would have to be pretty poor to be worth £20! Alternatively, flog 'em on eBay
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 02:01:43

woo, got my personal advisor.

*takes advantage*

My contracts going to end in december, and I was told that there was a way for me to get an upgraded phone, continue my contract for a month and then cancel it.

Could you tell me if that sounds right? Or if there is an alternative method to getting a new phone but not having to be tied to another year,

(side question: if I trade in a phone, do I have to bring in a receipt? Since I buy them internationally and the only receipt would be a printout)

or Try Oxygen Inc. or Aqua-Side Oxygen-X

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2004-10-27 01:16 ]
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 02:14:52

I don't know who told you that about being able to upgrade, cancel the contract and keep the phone but, to the best of my knowledge, it is sadly completely untrue!

I don't know of any methods of obtaining a phone at a subsidised price and then cancelling the contract, without either having to return the phone or pay cessation fees to the value of the line rental remaining on your contract - I wish I did

Re: the trade-in - no receipt necessary, all that matters is that the phone can switch on, is not over 5 years old (certain ancient models are excluded), and if you need the manual and charger to get the full amount, or else it's about a tenner.

I don't mind being personal advisor - occasionally I make some sales through here! (I hope laffen doesn't mind )
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 02:24:00

my phones are usually all in mint condition. Manuals are all left back home (bahrain) and a charger can be bought anywhere.

You said it had to turn on, my 6600 turns on, but doesn't have any signal, is that alright? or was it a given?

edit: whoops, also, if I get a 300 pounds discount, is it possible to get more than one phone? A friend of mine was able to through vodafone directly but had to pay 50 pounds extra for the first month.

or Try Oxygen Inc. or Aqua-Side Oxygen-X

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2004-10-27 01:36 ]
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 02:35:08

The 6600 just needs to switch on, no need for it to pick up a signal.

And you can only get one phone, irrespective of discount, per upgrade.

Sorry!
--
Posted: 2004-10-27 02:47:43
Page <  12345

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home