Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : New Firmware for Z800 / V800 on total-multi-server is R1AB013
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > New Firmware for Z800 / V800 on total-multi-server is R1AB013 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 8910, 111213>

Burtle Posts: 18

I'm confused guys....

Is it true, If I use TMS to update my unbranded unlocked Z800i, that in future I can't use SEUS??

Also, Why pay for firmware upgrades only (I know you can use TMS to change language packs etc), when SEUS is free??? Is it because SEUS only allow to update certain Z800i's.....

And how do we know what TMS, has the official SE release and not the beta versions of it....
--
Posted: 2005-08-02 16:28:08
Edit : Quote

sapporobaby Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-08-02 16:28:08, Burtle wrote:
I'm confused guys....

Is it true, If I use TMS to update my unbranded unlocked Z800i, that in future I can't use SEUS??

Also, Why pay for firmware upgrades only (I know you can use TMS to change language packs etc), when SEUS is free??? Is it because SEUS only allow to update certain Z800i's.....

And how do we know what TMS, has the official SE release and not the beta versions of it....

Do you know how the system even works?

Anyway, if you have an unbranded z800i, why bother with TMS or Davinci? What is the purpose. Second, if you want to chance the language, then you will have to use a flashing service. Third, as long as you have the correct CDA and other files, then you can use the SEUS as usual.

Where did you get this "beta" idea from?
--
Posted: 2005-08-02 22:06:43

Burtle Posts: 18

Quote:
On 2005-08-02 22:06:43, sapporobaby wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 16:28:08, Burtle wrote:
I'm confused guys....

Do you know how the system even works?

Anyway, if you have an unbranded z800i, why bother with TMS or Davinci? What is the purpose. Second, if you want to chance the language, then you will have to use a flashing service. Third, as long as you have the correct CDA and other files, then you can use the SEUS as usual.

Where did you get this "beta" idea from?

I got a rough idea how is works, but if you could kindly explain, it would be great.

I have a unbranded "Hong Kong Special" Z800i, that ofcourse only has chinese and english in the language pack.

I have tryed to use the SEUS, but it comes up with some stupid error message,

Your device is not permitted to use this service
Your operator does not approve the use of this service with this device.
We look forward to assisting you again soon.
Thank you for using the Sony Ericsson Update Service!

So, I don't know, I'm confused on what to do.....
--
Posted: 2005-08-03 09:48:23

night_66 Posts: 202

I unbranded my Z800 2 days ago in a mobile store in Sweden .. i have this firmware now .. R1X016 !!! i wounder what is this firmware?? anyone have any idea ???

I even try to update via SEUS but it told me my operator doesnt allow me to do that updat i had TRE (Three) operator logos .. even after the unbranding i still canīt use the SEUS update !!!

I wounder if its possible to use the USB cable which comes with Z800 paket to update my firmware through interneT?? for example davinici or total multi server?? or its a special cable i should buy ??

Thanks !!!
--
Posted: 2005-08-06 05:03:03

michael the mage Posts: > 500

Well, then you got an old firmware. The newest to date is R1AB014 which comes after R1X or R1Y or even R1Z .
--
Posted: 2005-08-06 07:13:09

Quote:
On 2005-08-06 05:03:03, night_66 wrote:
I unbranded my Z800 2 days ago in a mobile store in Sweden .. i have this firmware now .. R1X016 !!! i wounder what is this firmware?? anyone have any idea ???

I even try to update via SEUS but it told me my operator doesnt allow me to do that updat i had TRE (Three) operator logos .. even after the unbranding i still canīt use the SEUS update !!!

I wounder if its possible to use the USB cable which comes with Z800 paket to update my firmware through interneT?? for example davinici or total multi server?? or its a special cable i should buy ??

Thanks !!!

@Night and Burtle,

You will likely have to use Davinci, or TMS to flash your phones. Theoretically if you have the correct CDA, and language pack, you can use SEUS. I flashed my phone with Davinci (it was a v800 and now a z800). I changed my CDA to a European one and have a European language pack. I am waiting until there is a new software version to test the SEUS.

Night, the cable that came with the z800 will not work for flashing. You need to use either a serial cable (t28) or a SyncStation (DSS-25)
--
Posted: 2005-08-06 07:51:39

OS2_Fan Posts: 1

Dear colleagues,

I read the discussion with interest.

Just one question:

why do you always run in abbreviations?

no novizen really knows that tms, seus and davinci are, there's no list of such abbreviation, at least I didn't found it...

regards...

Thilo
--
Posted: 2005-08-08 17:26:16

Strider420 Posts: 112

@OS2_Fan

That's why we encourage n00bs like yourself to read the FAQs as well as other posts on the subject. You can't expect a discussin that is 1-20 pages long to alsways explain what TMS or SEUS is, can you?
--
Posted: 2005-08-08 23:51:05

Quote:
On 2005-08-08 17:26:16, OS2_Fan wrote:
Dear colleagues,

I read the discussion with interest.

Just one question:

why do you always run in abbreviations?

no novizen really knows that tms, seus and davinci are, there's no list of such abbreviation, at least I didn't found it...

regards...

Thilo

Wie gehts O2. TMS=Total Multi-Server, Davinci=Same as TMS, both are services used to flash the firmware of a phone.

This is a freebie because you are new, but you will get much more cred if you use the search feature.
--
Posted: 2005-08-08 23:59:07

night_66 Posts: 202

Dear sapporobaby

Thanks for your information and i will try to contact that store in Malmo . .in Sweden to see what can we do about that ..

But i wounder .. whats the best way to make my Z800 to be accepted in SE website to update it ONLINE ???

Cause as i said i unbranded the phone but still SE website telling me my operator doesnt allow any updates !!! its TRE operator in Sweden !!!

I even noticed that my firmware is: R1X016 after the UNBRANDING .. i have a problem with the themes .. that i see a white rictangle behind every ICON in the menu !!! its a BUG .. cause before unbranding was working well !!!

Even the menus are abit slower when i go through the icons of the menu .. not like before UNBRANDING ..

LCD SW Versiions
Main Display
Current: 200412141
External Display
Current: 200410271

Camera SW Versions
Camera
Current 6.2

ITP SW Version
CXZ 125834 R1H

Customatization
CDA102388/36 R5A
cxc1250055 R1Y005
6EOW
EU_4

Content version
PA5

I think this firmware R1X016 is too OLD !! And its telling me the phone type is Z800 not Z800i !! the i is OFF now !! wounder whatīs wrong with that ??

I will appreciate any informations and ways to fix that problem.

Best Regards

[ This Message was edited by: night_66 on 2005-08-11 21:24 ]
--
Posted: 2005-08-11 22:07:06
Page <  123 ... 8910, 111213>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home