Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple already conducting Field Tests for next gen iPhone 3.1
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple already conducting Field Tests for next gen iPhone 3.1 Bookmark topic
Page <  12

anonymuser Posts: > 500

On 2009-11-30 14:45:31, titus1 wrote:
flash support for web browser

Don't hold your breath!
--
Posted: 2009-11-30 15:05:29
Edit : Quote

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2009-11-30 14:38:16, whentheleveebreaks wrote:
Would also love wireless sync with my mac.

Um with MobileMe you already have that!
iCal, Mail, AddressBook, iDisk, yup its all there. For 3rd party: Things (but costs you for the desktop & iPhone app), FileApp is FREE for direct loading of apps/files into the iPhone over WLAN, DropBox/Box.net just to name a few.

On 2009-11-30 14:45:31, titus1 wrote:
flash support for web browser

I have no care for Flash within the browser: Flash Lite or pure Flash. HTML5 is already in Safari in the iPhone and its quite capable of the same things using standard coding. This means pretty much same features, using long known standards with new tags, meaning much quicker development (GoogleWave is one such HTML5 example). In order to have Flash (full) you need serious memory and cpu to get it done right (plenty Linux/Android MIDs, Nokia N900 Meamo5). Flash Lite, although it was great on the Nokia S60 devices (which I've personally used) it was SLOW to load pages - this could be specific to the slow older 434mhz ARM11 based cpu's without hardware acceleration.

There is a HUGE thread warring over YES/NO to Flash in iPhone over at macrumors.com
EDIT Found the thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=799526
[ This Message was edited by: Prom1 on 2009-12-02 08:14 ]

--
Posted: 2009-12-02 07:42:19

anonymuser Posts: > 500

On 2009-12-02 07:42:19, Prom1 wrote:
iCal, Mail, AddressBook, iDisk, yup its all there. For 3rd party: Things (but costs you for the desktop & iPhone app), FileApp is FREE for direct loading of apps/files into the iPhone over WLAN, DropBox/Box.net just to name a few.

but that's a paid service and overkill if all you want to do is sync the phone without plugging cables in. There's no good reason why iTunes on the mac couldn't automatically connect and sync to the phone via Bluetooth or even just wifi.

That said, I can see a time coming when MobileMe goes free and just becomes a bundled service with iPhone ownership (in the same way that Android phones come with google services, etc).
--
Posted: 2009-12-02 09:21:18

whentheleveebreaks Posts: 390

Yeah i have mobileme already, would be nice not to have to hunt for a cable when i put new music and videos on my iPhone.
--
Posted: 2009-12-02 11:24:35

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2009-12-02 09:21:18, Boinng wrote:

On 2009-12-02 07:42:19, Prom1 wrote:

but that's a paid service and overkill if all you want to do is sync the phone without plugging cables in. There's no good reason why iTunes on the mac couldn't automatically connect and sync to the phone via Bluetooth or even just wifi.

That said, I can see a time coming when MobileMe goes free and just becomes a bundled service with iPhone ownership (in the same way that Android phones come with google services, etc).

Forgot about it being paid. You and MobileMe just sent me a reminder for 7days left before creditcard (maxed out) gets charged. Thanks for the reminder.

Actually you're right, it SHOULD be a pkg free service, maybe in July2010 Apple will give us this.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 16:56:50
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home