Esato Mobile
Regional : Americas : Any Americans who might help?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Americas > Any Americans who might help? Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

supastar Posts: 1

For real, sms is totally free?!! Man, in Denmark, though it's cheap it has caused many large bills.. One sms typically costs (inverted to us dollars) 6 cents.. But a teenager typically sends 200-500 a month.. We use it all the time - how is it's general use in America?

When you have to re-fill after these 45 days, is there a minimum?
--
Posted: 2002-07-08 21:56:00
Edit : Quote

rjcism Posts: 46

CiNGULAR PREPAID RATES: [free long distance]

phone calls to any landline phones from 7:00AM - 9:00PM
[35c|minute] / [10c|minute] from 9:01PM - 6:59AM

mobile to mobile calls [i.e CiNGULAR to CiNGULAR]
[10c|minute, 24/7], other mobile phones, [35c|minute]

sms/mobile messaging [5c|outgoing, free incoming]
[sms includes local, national and international sms]

PREPAID minutes' expiration

$10.00 - 30 days
$20.00 - 60 days
$30.00 & up - 90 days

PREPAID cards|prices

$10.00 - $100

you can receive SMS without any balance on your mobiLe phone.

-cinguLar rep.

[ This Message was edited by: rjcism on 2002-07-08 21:30 ]
--
Posted: 2002-07-08 22:18:00

rjcsim:::

How's Cingular's coverage.. nationwide?

And when you say that receiving sms is free (I thought that was obvious) does that mean receiving calls costs anything?!

Can you have a negative balance with Cingular?
Can you tell me more about Cingular?

----

Can anybody say anything about my previous post?

----

Are there other carriers, which support prepaid-service I should know about? Thus far I know ATT&T, Voicestream and Cingular..

Any comments on which is best?

Thank you all for support and help..

[ This Message was edited by: supastar on 2002-07-08 23:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: supastar on 2002-07-09 00:29 ]
--
Posted: 2002-07-09 00:15:00

sschwar4 Posts: 3

AT&T, Voicestream and Cingular are the only GSM carriers. There are prepaid for others like Verizon, AT&T (tdma), Sprint, but you need to get a new phone and that would suck, since you already have a T68.

Stuart
--
Posted: 2002-07-10 04:43:00

Now I'm totally confuse..

Why'd I need to get a new phone?
--
Posted: 2002-07-10 13:37:00

whtdlite702 Posts: 19

U wud need 2 get a new fone if u went wid a provider that is not GSM, such as Verizon(tdma), AT&T(tdma), Sprint PCS(cdma). Just go with Cingular Wireless, they are the best GSM network in America. And u can use ur T68i wid Cingular, I hav a T68i myself.
--
Posted: 2002-07-10 20:04:00

Yoonoo Posts: 31

In the U.S. you also pay for incoming calls on your wireless phone. You pay the same rate you would pay for making a local call.
--
Posted: 2002-07-10 21:25:00

rjcism Posts: 46

@supastar

i'm talkin about CiNGULAR, california market. voicestream is not out here yet, they will be soon. also, maybe they would have a prepaid plan so that consumers can try out their offered services.

also, if u'r goin to be here for a year, don't go prepaid. there are 1 year contracts anyway. besides, prepaid doesn't have aLL the features of a mbile phone supported. u can get phones FREE with a year contract from carriers, particularly CiNGULAR. u can use that phone as a back up phone for your SE.

im telling you now, if you're goin to stay here for a year, just get a plan. enjoy the minutes, and take advantage of the features your phone can get.

PS:

did u mention where in US u'll be staying at?

-pinoy/rjcism
--
Posted: 2002-07-10 22:05:00

I don't know where I'm going yet, hopefully I'll know soon.

But anyways, I've decided to trade my t68i to a Siemens 40 (also tripleband) plus some money - around 250 $..

Actually as an exchange student I am not allowed to initiate contactual agreements.

So I kind of hoped that you guys would have a produkt like the Danish talk time. It's so simple - like buying milk or something. You don't even have to registrer your name, adress etc. You just but a "talk time kit" for around 15 bucks. You'll receive a sim-card and a phonenumber. Receiving calls and sms are totally free, and you can have a zero balance forever! You just but some "talk time" when you feel like it - these are cards (like lottery-tickets).. you then scrabe a field and a code is then visible. You call your operator's re-fill number, and enter the code - volia, money on your account.

But I guess all your "products" are contractuel..? Binding for a certain period? Well, if that's the case, I should just registrer a "product" in my host parent's name, right?

But I still don't know if I should choose something other than prepaid. All I kneed is to make/receive calls and sms. WAP, mms, gprs - I really don't need these services.

What can a plan offer me, that a prepaid kit cannot?

Can someone explain EXACTLY how I purchase a Cingular prepaid kit, and what all the rules are? E.g. a link? That would be very helpful.
--
Posted: 2002-07-11 00:41:00

waddie Posts: 119

Voicestream/T-Mobile in CA/Nevada will be officially launched tomorrow (July 15) so wait and see, i'm sure they all those promos for first time customers. and they do have prepaid kits. the only thing about prepaid is that it'' get quite expensive because you keep reloading it when your out of minutes/load card.
--
Posted: 2002-07-14 15:35:00
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home